About Us

  Karl Weis Auto Body Shop, Inc. was established in 1934 by Karl Weis Sr.
  Prior to starting the business, it was rumored Karl Weis Sr. repaired Studebaker wagons behind the house which is currently located in front of the shop.
  It was "Grandpa" Weis son, Karl Jr. that expanded and built up the business upon returning from service in World War II. At that time the shop also repaired all the Mercedes-Benz marine damage in Marycrest, until the operation was moved to Chicago.
  It was Karl Jr. who hired the next shop owners George Grochowski in 1953, and Sam Kovacevich shortly after.
  George and Sam purchased the business together in 1964, and remained partners until George's death in 2008. At which time George's wife Dorothy, who had also worked at the shop since 1969, became Sam's new partner.
  In July of 2009, Sam sold his half of the business to George's son Gary Grochowski. Gary had worked in the shop with his father since 1974. The current owners are Gary and Dorothy Grochowski.
 

"Grandpa" Weis and his crew 

Make a Free Website with Yola.